- University of Maryland Postdoctoral Fish Ecology (1992-94)
- College of William and Mary Ph.D. Marine Science (1985-91)
- Shanghai Fisheries University B.S. Fish. Res. Magt. (1978-82)
- 2001-Present. Scientist, Division of Marine Biology and Fisheries, Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science, University of Miami.
- 1997-2000. Associate scientist, Division of Marine Biology and Fisheries, Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science, University of Miami.
- 1994-1996. Research Scientist and Computer Network System Administrator, Great Lakes Center, SUNY Research Foundation
- 1992-1994. Assistant Research Scientist, Chesapeake Biological Laboratory, Center for Environmental & Estuarine Studies, University of Maryland
- 1985-1991 Graduate Research Assistant, Virginia Institute of Marine Science, College of William and Mary.
- 1982-1985 Assistant teacher in Shanghai Fisheries College, Shanghai, China.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Lerner-Gray Award for Marine Research, American Museum of Natural History, June, 1989.
- Oversea scholarship award from the Ministry of Fisheries and Agriculture of China to study marine science in United States. August, 1985 - August, 1987.
THESIS AND DISSERTATION ADVISING
- Committee member for R.C. Tiption, (Ph.D.), Wildlife and Fisheries, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV. Bay anchovy population dynamics in Hudson River.Diel distributional Ecology of fish in the Vicinity of Power Plants.
- Committee member for Rob Robbins, (Ph.D.), RSMAS, University of Miami. The Effects of Salinity Fluctuation on the Productivity of Mangrove Fishes in the Southeastern Everglades.
Jerald S. Ault, University of Miami, Stephen Brandt, NOAA/GLERL, Kyle Hartman, West Virginia University, J. Mike Jech, NMFS/Northeast Science Center, Peter Ortner, NOAA/AOML, Jim Colvocoresses, FMRI/Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation.
Download Dr. Luo's complete CV here.
Contact: Division of Marine Biology and Fisheries, Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science University of Miami 4600 Rickenbacker Causeway Miami, Florida 33149 Office Phone: (305)-421-4847 Office Fax: (305)-421-4600 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org